I cannot believe it is 2009. Only one more year until my 10 year high school reunion. That is insane. I am very much looking forward to this new year. I was watching something the other day and they were talking about New Year's Resolutions. It really made me stop and think. They posed the question, "How can you look to the future to make resolutions without looking to the past to see what went well and where you could do better?" I liked that idea. I think sometimes we get so caught up in what the future will bring that we forget to look back (and be grateful for) what the past already brought. Anyway, enough philosophising. With that said, 2008 was a great year. It was full of much of the same, but also with many firsts. It was my first year as a teacher (which comes with its own set of firsts), my first time serving in a presidency at church, my first time going through the temple, my first time hiking Monument Trail, and many others. I have grown so much over the last year and look forward to continuing to progress...both individually and with my wonderful husband. I am truly blessed to have a great family, a loving and caring husband, awesome friends, a never-boring job, fantastic calling at church, the truthfulness of the gospel, a warm home, and more LOVE than I know what to do with. Life is good and I know as this new year begins that it will only get better.
So my goals are varied. Personally, I hope to succeed with Weight Watchers. I am not yet picking a specific weight loss goal, only to become healthier and improve my self-image. Spiritually, I would like to continue to increase my temple attendance and hope my husband will be able to join me there soon. With my husband my goal is to grow continually closer. I love being able to laugh, share, and dream with my husband and I hope to never lose that. I am also setting a goal to be the very best teacher I can be. To give 100% to my students everyday.
There are several mini goals that I also set for myself on a daily basis to make sure that I am being the best me I can be.
Here's to 2009!
No comments:
Post a Comment