Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Is this what it's really all about?

So, I am coming clean. I am on a diet and I have started training to be a runner again. Why, well, partly because I feel better when I am being healthy, partly because I want to look better, but mostly because there is a wedding coming up soon and I don't want to be a HUGE blob in all the pics. And, I am not the only one doing these things, Carol, my mother-in-law, and Karina, the bride, are also dieting and exercising more. And it makes me stop and think, "Is this what it is really all about?"

1 comment:

Katie said...

You know, I've struggled with that way of thinking my entire life. When I stop thinking about exercising as a chore and just doing it, I feel much happier about working out and I feel good about doing something good for my body.

With our new lifestyles, it's harder to get the activity in that our bodies need. Our bodies weren't meant to sit in front of a computer screen all day. They need to be used and exercised.

I totally know how you feel. But when I stop thinking too much about it and just accept the fact that my body needs to be exercised, it's much easier! :)

Also, I totally recommend getting The Firm: Total Body Transformation Kit. It's amazing. It has 4 DVDs that you use and it comes with hand weights. It's great. I've really loved it!