In response to a few comments from my readers, I will be publishing the bread recipe. There is nothing spectacular about it. It is just a basic white bread recipe. So here you go.
Old-Fashioned White Bread
6 cups sifted flour
2 Tbsp yeast
1 cup canned evaporated milk
1 cup warm water
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/3 cup margarine, melted (or oil)
Dissolve the yeast in 1 cup warm water. When dissolved, add canned milk, sugar, salt, eggs, and melted margarine. To this mixture, add flour and knead until smooth.
Cover; let rise in a warm place until double, about 1 1/4 hours. Punch down and let rise again. Shape into two loaves and place in greased bread tins. Let rise until nearly double. Preheat oven to 350 and bake for 35 minutes.
This recipe also makes good rolls, and I would be willing to bet that you could make some mighty fine cinnamon rolls out of the dough too.
1 comment:
Thank you Kerrie Anne! I will make it and tell you how it turns out!
Post a Comment