Just because our opinions are different, doesn't mean either of us are wrong.
Sunday, May 25, 2008
My Legacy
Today in Young Women's there was a lesson on heritage. We discussed with the girls what a heritage was, what kinds of traditions they had in their life and what legacy or heritage did they want to leave for their posterity. It was a great lesson. It really made me think, "What traditions of righteousness am I starting now in order to leave a great heritage for my children?" The one thing that I know I want to be known for is my strength. I feel there are many things I do in my life that require great strength. One being that I live across the country from my family. I have learned to be an independent woman. This has helped me immensely in my married life. The second thing that requires strength on my part is that I have a husband who works out of town for 2 weeks at a time. I don't think I would be able to handle that if I hadn't developed strength along the way. The last area of my life that requires an inner strength, and the one that I feel is the most important, is the strength it takes to keep strong in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is very difficult to always do what I know is right, what I have faith in, and what I know to be true. It is difficult because although my husband supports me, he doesn't always walk with me on the straight and narrow path. When my posterity look back at me, I want them to acknowledge me as the one who kept the legacy of faith going. The member of the family who kept her life centered on Christ and therefore enabled all the others to believe. I know that my husband has a testimony of the gospel, he just needs to know that he knows. I pray every day that he will feel the Spirit and it will bring a remembrance to his heart. I love him until the end of time and more and I can't wait until we can walk hand and hand down the path of righteousness. I will never give up and my faith will not waiver. An eternal family will be ours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kerrie, thank you for the reminder of the kind of faith that we all need. You have truly inspired me to do better and I appreciate that. You're an incredible woman and will be an incredible mother. Love ya!
You are so fabulous. I didn't know you had a blog. I was looking on your facebook and saw it. I loved visiting you on Sunday. I left and I was like I want to be a better person. Thanks
Post a Comment