Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Commitment

I am putting it out there. I already told my husband and now I am putting it out into blogger space. I am disappointed in myself. I worked really hard for several months and was able to lose 40 lbs. Then I got comfortable. I have never been a really skinny girl and I felt confident and happy at the weight I had gotten down to. So I quit dieting. At first I was trying to maintain, but I quickly began sliding backwards and now find myself in the same spot I was a year and half ago. I have gained almost all my weight back and I can no longer run over 3 miles. Why did I do that? It is so frustrating. So, I am making a commitment today that I am going to go back on my diet and start running again. There is no reason for me to be unhappy about this. I have the control to make things better and I am going to. So I start today. I'll keep everyone posted on my successes and also my failures. Thanks for being my support system.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Girl, I completely feel you. Last year, I lost 26 pounds because of hard work and commmittment. Then, I gained it alllll back. In about a 4 month period. It's frustrating. It's totally self destructive and I completely understand how you feel.

Have you tried Weight Watchers? The plan in amazingly easy and comfortable to follow and very easy to stick to. I highly recommend it.

Liz said...

I'll be cheering you on. If I could ever run three miles, that would be a miracle...