Thursday, May 22, 2008

Roller coaster

As I start this post, I have no idea what to title it. I have had one roller coaster of a day. I guess it all started last night. My husband came home at about 10, I had just gotten off the treadmill and I still had my iPod blaring in my ears. I had no idea he was even in the house, when I turned around and there he was, holding a bouquet of flowers. I screamed and then took about ten minutes to calm down. I was so glad to see him, but freaked out cause I didn't know that he was coming. Oh how I miss him when he is at work. Anyways, he had come home in order to go to a funeral for one of his family's friends. She had passed away earlier in the week of old age. Brinda was like another grandma to Brandon.
So, this morning, I went to work for 2 hours. It was the last day of school so I really wanted to go to say goodbye to the kids. It was a good experience, but sad nonetheless. I am going to miss those students this summer.
After work, I headed out to Rigby for the funeral. It was very emotional for me. I hadn't planned on crying at it, I hadn't even cried at all about it. However, while I was there, the emotions over came me. There were so many thoughts running through my head. The most heartbreaking thing for me was to watch Brinda's husband Vearl sit there in a trance almost. They were both well into there 80s and I am sure that Vearl is wondering how to live life without his loving wife. I don't know how I would handle living without Brandon and we've only been married for about 2 years.
From the funeral, I went to my hair appointment. So everyone knows, I didn't go completely blond, but I did put in many drastic blond highlights. I also cut my hair into a slanted bob wedge type haircut. I think that it looks really good and so does my husband. I am now ready for summer!
Once I was finished getting my hair did, I went home, picked up Brandon and we went to the bank. Brandon and I finally added each other to our accounts. So, we still have two separate accounts, but our names are on both of them. I know that most people do that right away after getting married, but we have taken our time. I think it was a little difficult for both of us to give up our financial independence. I am so glad that we are finally taking this step in our relationship. It is just one more thing that shows the positive growth and changes that occur in our marriage everyday.
With all the bank junk out of the way, we moved on to dinner with Brandon's parents. That was fun. We don't usually go out with them so it was a nice change. We had Mexican, which I always love. The Mexican restaurant that we ate at was just down the way from Furniture Row, so when we finished eating Brandon and I stopped in to see what sales they would be having for Memorial Day. We checked out mattresses first and found one we liked, but we probably won't order until Brandon gets back from work next week. After mattress shopping we headed to the next show room down which was for couches. We were intent on just browsing, but in the end we purchased a new couch, love seat, coffee table and some candles and vase to put on the table. I am soooo excited to get them in the house. It is going to be a week or two before we get them, thpb! I wish we could have brought them home with us tonight. EEK! I am so excited and our dog will definitely not be allowed on the new furniture.
Well, that includes my roller coaster of a day. I experienced many emotions today, but it was a terrific day. I always cherish all the times that I get to spend with Brandon, but I especially enjoyed today because it was unexpected. As I come to the conclusion of this blog, I think of my wonderful husband who napping in our room before he heads off to work. I love Brandon more than he will ever know and I am so grateful for the blessings that have occurred in my life because of him.

1 comment:

Megan Campbell Carter said...

What a great post! I'm glad you got to see Brandon. And you need to add me to your list. :(