Saturday, February 20, 2010

A more detailed update.

It's Saturday night, I should be in bed getting all the beauty rest I can, but instead I am up blog-stalking people. Oi, facebook and blogs suck me in.
Well, my little man is sleeping soundly right now. He has been so great the last couple of nights, going to sleep at about 10 and sleeping until 6:30-7. He really is such an easy baby. Well, I figured I would share his 2 month stats, even though he has probably surpassed them by now. At his last Dr. appt. (Feb. 10), he weighed 11 lbs. 3 oz. and was 23 1/4 in. long. He is growing like a little weed. When we left the hospital on Dec. 13 he was 7 lbs. 1oz. and 20 in. long. Next thing I know he will be 6 ft tall and eating me out of house and home.
Work is going well. I have successfully accomplished 2 full weeks and only have 14 weeks of school left until summer break-not counting Spring Break. I had an observation by my principal last Tuesday. It went really well. It was very nice to hear the wonderful compliments my principal gave me in our post-observation conference. When someone tells you that you possess skills and qualities that cannot be taught, you can't help but feel good about yourself.
Well, we are sort of in the middle of negotiating the sale of our home. A couple has put in an offer on our home, but they would like to rent for 6 months and then purchase it. They are willing to pay $5000 more than our asking price, but we are negotiating some of the minor details. We will see how it all works out on Monday. I don't know if I should hope for it to go through or not. I really wish someone would just show up and want to buy it out right.
Brandon is finally heading back to work, it looks like it will be around the first of March. He has been home since the end of November. It is going to be very hard to go back to the way things were. I enjoy having him around every evening. It will be nice to start getting that 2nd paycheck again. Oh well, this isn't a permanent situation and one day we will live a more normal life. Hopefully, sooner than later.
I am off to bed now. My baby is sleeping and I should join him!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I like your attitude. This isn't a permanent situation with your work schedules. I bet you can't wait til summer to have no work and to spend all the time in the world with your baby boy. I'm glad to hear what an easy baby he is. He's just too handsome. You did good, Kerrie. :)